• Travel! Travel travel travel. I started tearing up on the bus to work this morning, frustrated at how badly I need to leave Chicago for a little while. Ugh.
I definitely did this, go me! I went to Nashville in March, Philadelphia in October, and Michael and I laid the groundwork for a trip to France and Spain in June 2012!
• Sew my first garment from scratch.
So close! I did buy a sewing machine and take two sewing classes this year, and I received a pattern book for Christmas.
• Try to relax, be less insecure about myself and my relationships, and remember that I am loved.
As hard as 2011 has been for me at times emotionally, especially with a lot of my close friends moving, moving in with Michael and our relationship evolving, and making friends/losing them in a matter of weeks, I do feel a lot more calm about my relationships with others. Therapy has played a big part in this.
• Get my driver's license, or at least renew my learner's permit.
• Spend less money on clothes and more on experiences and pampering myself (massage, anyone?)
I still buy a lot of clothes (though, ones I actually wear AND I've gotten rid of a lot of them) but I have been pampering myself more. I think it has helped my mood and it's really nice to think "I earned this treat for myself."
• Maybe get another kitty friend for Seymour!
I still want to, I was going to right after Michael and I moved. Maybe after we get back from Europe.
Looking back at these make me feel really good; I gave myself a few positive, life-improving, realistic goals and I met almost all of them!
Goals for 2012:
• The ones I did not do in 2011 (sew a garment, get a cat, try to drive).
• Try to successfully expand Branchbound with metal jewelry, wooden jewelry, knits, and hand-sewn goods.
• Blog more often; take outfit photos on my awesome roof.
• Start running again in the Spring and try to keep at it.
• Purge even more, organize and stay organized, try to live a little simpler (from the woman who bought 5 pairs of shoes this week...)
• Make it a point to go on at least one date night a month with Michael because we deserve to get out of the apartment and have a wonderful time on occasion.
Pretty boring...but what is the point of resolutions if you can't even attempt to keep them?
Wishing you all a happy end of 2011! What are your resolutions? What are you doing tonight for New Year's Eve?